Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A continued interview

Well here we are again. Having a good day, while tired. This will continue the interview from last time. The interviewer won't allow me to say his username due to request. Trust me this was a surprise to me. I was not even expecting it to continue.

Welcome back Chaos.
Good to be back.
Shall we get started again?
Lets


OK lets start off this by talking about the site itself. Why did you start this site up?

Well at first due to the fact I was without a job, I could not buy games. I got bored and found a game called Myth Wars. It was a turn based MMORPG. It was great fun, but I tend to grow bored of a game if I play only that one game. So I set forth finding free games through many tough searches. Then after a while I got board. So I made the site out of pure boredom.

Sounds simple. I heard this took some major changes from the beginning how is that?

To be honest I never expected it to last as long as it has. I have made many sites before, only to quit on them within a week. But the day after I made it, something hit me and I was inspired to keep this site going, if only for the sake of myself. The site was originaly going to be based on my opinion of what games I liked, but the one major problem with that is that it was my opinion.They would get a taste of only what I like. People have many different preferences, so not everyone would agree with me on my picks. Also all the genre had their own page, just like in the forum right now, with each of the games on a single page. They also had a small chat box for people to post comments for the said games. That caused lag. It took me and many people with a cable connection around 1-3 minutes to load fully. Now imagine that for people on slower speeds. From then some changes had to be made. I tried to split the pages up into many pages, but I then found out free freewebs accounts could only host 20 pages. So I hosted a small poll for the few people that visited at that time. The poll asked what to do. It was to take out the chat boxes, get a forum, or leave as is. The forum vote ended with great success for some reason. I was expecting take the chat boxes off option to win. But a day before the poll ended, I started getting the prep ready. After the forum won I opened the forum within the hour to the public. From then I added a few extra pages, including the update archive, best of the best, and I think I added about me at that time... can't remember.

Wow... I was expecting a short answer not a essey.

Sorry, I get a bit carried away when talking about something or another... mainly when my brain is fried.

No that was a great answer. Anyways time to continue. Freewebs had a option for a blog for the longest while, why didn't you use that instead of blogger?

Well thats a very funny. . . . . ok its not funny its just short. I did not care for the freewebs blog, it felt kinda bleh, so I Googled and found this nice site.

Well what about the new forum option from freewebs? are you planning on switching over to that any time soon?

Nope. As with the many sites that I made and forgot about, I made many forums, with only 1 other still in use now. I tryed many different forums, but Invasion free was my favorite out of those. I do not plan to switch to another forum for a long while. . . if not ever. If the time calls for it I shall ask the forum dwellers their opinion.

Forum Dwellers? There are only 5 of you. . .

True, we may be small in numbers, but I'm trying to get a few people to join. I am advertising to many sites, mainly with a simple topic and with the nice new banner Nighthawk made in forums :)

Well what are the plans for the future of Gaming Paupers fix?

Well I've thought long and hard on that matter. I'm going to stick with this for a long time. I'm planning on upgrading the freewebs account, and get a domain name. I might switch over to a new host if I can bring the site layout with me. As for the forum, I may pay for some stuff, but I can make better use with the money for prizes or something like that.

Prizes!!! there will be prizes... what kind of prizes? And what kind of contests will be held for that matter.

Well The contests will most likely be simple. As in recruit people, the person with the most will get the prize, the person that summits the best game review, most (good) reviews written, game tournaments, stuff like that mainly. As for the prizes, we will see. When I start out I may start small with like a Soldat registration code. From there I will maybe go with Shirt prizes or something bigger as I gain a good rep for not holding out on the winner.

Sounds interesting, but sadly time has ran out (thanks to your long typing )
Lol as I said I tend to get on a rant about random things when my minds fried :P

No comments: